6 Ways to be a Leader in
As suggested by CEH Day Endorsers
New! View the CEH Day Community Event Guidebook to help you plan any of these activities.
1. Organize a day of action for children in a local school or child care program. Ideas for parents and/or teachers include:
- Add a children’s health issue to your school board meeting or PTA meeting.
- Start or improve a recycling program at your child’s school.
- Send materials home with students on ways families can protect themselves.
2. Encourage the development of a child health protective standard in your community (no idling zone, green cleaning in child care centers, etc.)
3. Perform a community project with a child/youth to support wellness in his/her community (tree planting, stream clean-up, community garden, etc.)
4. Arrange a meeting focused on children's environmental health with a school board, city/county council, or your state legislators.
5. Host an educational forum, workshop, or webinar on a children's environmental health topic.
6. Organize a local community rallying event or visual exhibit.
We want to hear from you. What are you doing in your community to improve the lives of children and future generations? The Children's Environmental Health Network values your feedback.