The campaigns and initiatives supported by the Children's Environmental Health Movement are supported by strong science and are of high relevance to children's health. Review the resources below to learn: 1) about pressing environmental issues and how they impact children's health and development, and 2) how to move this knowledge into actions to protect children in their homes and in schools, clinical facilities, businesses, neighborhoods, and communities, and to advocate for child-protective policies.
1. Learn about children's environmental health. Here are some places to start:
- CEHN's Children's Environmental Health 101
- Download and read A Blueprint for Protecting Children's Environmental Health: An Urgent Call to Action
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Protecting Children's Environmental Health
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Children's Health and the Built Environment
- The National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences' Children's Health Program
- The Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units
- Download and read our CEH Indicators Report. This report provides understanding of the types and use of CEH indicators, and emphasizes their importance and their challenges.
- Feedback on this report is welcomed at email@example.com. Please also let us know about the most important CEH issue(s) in your area.
3. Visit our Act Now page to discover timely actions that you can take to stand up for children's environmental health.